Sundried Tomato Burgers
SKILL LEVEL Super Easy
| Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 1kg of coarsely minced meat from beef lamb, pork or chicken with a fat content of approx. 30% (chicken 20%)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoons of finely chopped rosemary or thyme or dried oregano
- ½ cup of finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- With your hands knead all ingredients into a bowl together and shape 4 or six burger patties of the thickness of your thumb and slightly larger than you bun.
- Place onto the griddle or flat plate of your BBQ (medium-high heat) and cook for approximately three minutes on each side and turning it carefully with a scraper rather than tongs.
- Check the cooking stages/temperatures where a beef or lamb burger is perfect when cooked medium to well and pork at medium well and chicken at well done.
- When cooked remove from the heat to avoid overcooking which will result in dry and chewy burgers.
- Cut the buns in half and shortly before your burgers are ready toast the buns (first cut side down) on the BBQ on both sides and start assembling them.