Smoky Cumin Beef
SKILL LEVEL Super Easy
| Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup of cumin seeds (crushed in a mortar)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 4 beef steaks (rib eye on the bone, sirloin or rump)
- To make the rub, place all ingredients except for meat into a food processor (or mortar) and process into a paste (wet rub).
- Massage rub into the meat and let it stand for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ and cook meat on medium heat until it is cooked to your liking (approx. 3 mins on each side for medium rare).
- Rest meat for 5-10 minutes before serving