SKILL LEVEL Worth the Effort
| Cooks in 3 to 4 Hours
- 3kg pork loin, belly piece attached, skin on
- 4 cups (1L) Willie Smith’s Apple Cider
- 4 tablespoons of fennel seeds, roasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds, roasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- butchers twine
- Trim excess fat from rib section of pork belly then score skin.
- Rub whole pork loin thoroughly with spices.
- Pour cider into deep-sided tray.
- Place pork flesh side down in tray and leave for 2 days to marinate in fridge.
- Remove pork loin from marinade and dry off with paper towel.
- Place large cake rack on tray.
- Lay pork on rack (skin up) and return to fridge to dry out for 1 day.
- Heat BeefEater® Signature BBQ to low to medium heat.
- Remove pork from fridge and place on workbench to bring to room temperature.
- Roll pork starting at loin side into tight roll.
- Secure roll with butchers twine then position on rotisserie skewer.
- Place pork belly in BeefEater® Signature BBQ and cook for at least 4 hours.
- Using BeefEater® BUGG® Digital Thermometer check internal temperature of pork. Recommended to cook porchetta medium (72°C) or until desired.
- Rest porchetta in warm place with foil for 30 minutes before slicing.
Serving suggestion of slaw and green beans topped with crisply crackling